Doctor: Poisonous chemical in dolls is 'unacceptable'

A GP from Nottingham has said it is "unacceptable" that a poisonous chemical has been found in toy dolls on sale in shops in the Midlands.

Dr Ian Campbell said: "I'm very concerned because there is no safe level of this chemical and we know that it causes problems with cancer, problems with sperm count with adult males and problems with the liver and kidneys.

"It's is unacceptable that children have been exposed to this chemical in this way."

Advertisement

Poisonous chemical found in toy dolls linked to cancer

A new warning has been issued over dolls containing a poisonous chemical which can cause cancer, deformities in unborn babies and infertility in men on sale in shops in the Midlands.