As otters start appearing in the waters of the Midlands again, here are some fun facts about the slippery creatures you may not have known:
- Their 'favourite' food are eels, but they're not fussy. They'll eat any fish or small mammal.
- Males have a 'home range' of up to 40km of river and associated water courses.
- Otters are fiercely territorial - fighting is common and can be to the death.
- Females give birth to two or three cubs per litter. When this happens the male moves out of their home, called a 'holt' and moves into a place of his own. He plays no part in rearing baby.
- They are a protected animal under the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010.
More top news
It'll be partially cloudy with some good sunny spells in places and light winds
It'll be a dry, bright day with sunny spells for most.
Georgia Williams' parents say her death could have been prevented were it not for failings by the Police and Social Services.