As otters start appearing in the waters of the Midlands again, here are some fun facts about the slippery creatures you may not have known:
- Their 'favourite' food are eels, but they're not fussy. They'll eat any fish or small mammal.
- Males have a 'home range' of up to 40km of river and associated water courses.
- Otters are fiercely territorial - fighting is common and can be to the death.
- Females give birth to two or three cubs per litter. When this happens the male moves out of their home, called a 'holt' and moves into a place of his own. He plays no part in rearing baby.
- They are a protected animal under the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010.
More top news
Police were tipped off about the cannabis operation but found the building had been set with electric traps.
A mother and son have stumbled upon a mural that looks similar to the past works of artist Banksy.
The Dudley born comedian has come fourth on the list of the most powerful people of African and Caribbean heritage in Britain.