As new figures reveal Birmingham to be growing in popularity for a Valentine's getaway, here are some suggestions for how to spend a romantic weekend:
- The Jewellery Quarter is full of quirky restaurants and bars - not to mention beautiful buildings and the wealth of glittering diamonds on sale.
- They say chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so where better to head than Cadbury World?
- If music be the food of love, London Concert Orchestra will perform Love Classics at the Symphony Hall.
- Romantic classic Casablanca is showing at the mac cinema tonight and tomorrow.
- Birmingham boasts a full range of everything from posh nosh to slap-up grub - so whether you fancy stellar views over the city at the Marco Pierre White restaurant at The Cube or one of Birmingham's signature baltis, you won't be short of choice.
More top news
The Riders of Shaam cycled from Leicester to Luxembourg in their latest challenge.
British runner Sir Mo Farah has completed his final track race in Great Britain by winning the 3000m at the Birmingham Grand Prix.
Samantha Gibson had to have her hand amputated after years of pain following a simple accident.