As new figures reveal Birmingham to be growing in popularity for a Valentine's getaway, here are some suggestions for how to spend a romantic weekend:
- The Jewellery Quarter is full of quirky restaurants and bars - not to mention beautiful buildings and the wealth of glittering diamonds on sale.
- They say chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so where better to head than Cadbury World?
- If music be the food of love, London Concert Orchestra will perform Love Classics at the Symphony Hall.
- Romantic classic Casablanca is showing at the mac cinema tonight and tomorrow.
- Birmingham boasts a full range of everything from posh nosh to slap-up grub - so whether you fancy stellar views over the city at the Marco Pierre White restaurant at The Cube or one of Birmingham's signature baltis, you won't be short of choice.
More top news
A family firm from Nottingham has sold out of the white woollen shawl used to wrap the new royal baby as she was presented to the world.
Coventry City Manager Tony Mowbray says he is still unsure if he will be at the club next season after guiding them to safety in League One.
More than 1,300 pupils from Arthur Terry school in Sutton Coldfield cast their ballots in a full blown mock general election.