As new figures reveal Birmingham to be growing in popularity for a Valentine's getaway, here are some suggestions for how to spend a romantic weekend:
- The Jewellery Quarter is full of quirky restaurants and bars - not to mention beautiful buildings and the wealth of glittering diamonds on sale.
- They say chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so where better to head than Cadbury World?
- If music be the food of love, London Concert Orchestra will perform Love Classics at the Symphony Hall.
- Romantic classic Casablanca is showing at the mac cinema tonight and tomorrow.
- Birmingham boasts a full range of everything from posh nosh to slap-up grub - so whether you fancy stellar views over the city at the Marco Pierre White restaurant at The Cube or one of Birmingham's signature baltis, you won't be short of choice.
More top news
Fog and low cloud will be slow to lift tomorrow. Some bright or sunny spells will develop into the afternoon though.
Early mist and low cloud will clear allowing some sunny spells to develop. Feeling cool in the brisk easterly breeze.
There will be a few showers in the north tonight but it will become dry for most, with a risk of frost and fog, especially in the south.