As new figures reveal Birmingham to be growing in popularity for a Valentine's getaway, here are some suggestions for how to spend a romantic weekend:
- The Jewellery Quarter is full of quirky restaurants and bars - not to mention beautiful buildings and the wealth of glittering diamonds on sale.
- They say chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so where better to head than Cadbury World?
- If music be the food of love, London Concert Orchestra will perform Love Classics at the Symphony Hall.
- Romantic classic Casablanca is showing at the mac cinema tonight and tomorrow.
- Birmingham boasts a full range of everything from posh nosh to slap-up grub - so whether you fancy stellar views over the city at the Marco Pierre White restaurant at The Cube or one of Birmingham's signature baltis, you won't be short of choice.
More top news
A dry, bright and sunny start to the Bank Holiday weekend for most.
A dry bright and sunny start for most on Saturday. Some scattered showers will develop inland through the late morning.
A cold and frosty start to Saturday, though with some sunny spells. Showers then breaking out by afternoon.