A third of people in the Midlands use ‘buzz-words’ or jargon, and cringe at themselves afterwards, according to new research.
Data released today also claims more than 1 in 20 use jargon in order to sound more professional.
East Midlands statistics:
- 94% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 91% find jargon irritating
- 4% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 30% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 63% mostly encounter jargon at work
West Midlands statistics:
- 80% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 79% find jargon irritating
- 8% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 33% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 60% mostly encounter jargon at work
More top news
A sports coach from Nottingham who set up a charity to help youngsters is leaving to take up a key role at the Football Association.
East Midlands Ambulance Service are asking people to think twice before dialling 999 this Christmas, as it's stretched to the limit.
Genelle Aldred brings you the latest weather for the West Midlands.