A third of people in the Midlands use ‘buzz-words’ or jargon, and cringe at themselves afterwards, according to new research.
Data released today also claims more than 1 in 20 use jargon in order to sound more professional.
East Midlands statistics:
- 94% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 91% find jargon irritating
- 4% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 30% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 63% mostly encounter jargon at work
West Midlands statistics:
- 80% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 79% find jargon irritating
- 8% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 33% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 60% mostly encounter jargon at work
More top news
A pensioner battling cancer has been spared jail after shooting a teenage thug he feared was breaking into his home to attack him.
Over the weekend a cold front will cross the Midlands introducing some cooler and fresher air behind it, expect lower temperatures.
It will be another misty and cloudy start to the day.