A third of people in the Midlands use ‘buzz-words’ or jargon, and cringe at themselves afterwards, according to new research.
Data released today also claims more than 1 in 20 use jargon in order to sound more professional.
East Midlands statistics:
- 94% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 91% find jargon irritating
- 4% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 30% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 63% mostly encounter jargon at work
West Midlands statistics:
- 80% think people should speak more clearly because we use too much jargon
- 79% find jargon irritating
- 8% use 'buzz-words' to look more professional
- 33% will use 'buzz-phrases' but then cringe
- 60% mostly encounter jargon at work
More top news
It will remain largely dry with clear spells and light winds tonight. Tomorrow, largely dry with the odd shower.
Rain in the far east dying out this evening. Thursday should see some good sunny spells and light winds, with the odd shower.
Leicester-based energy firm Mark Group Ltd has gone into administration with the loss of 939 jobs.