All the top 10 busiest stations reported an increase in passengers in the last financial year.
The number of people using stations across Britain in 2012 to 2013 rose 3.3%, the statistics from the Office of Rail Regulation show.
The top 10 busiest stations based on the estimated number of exits and entrances to a station during 2012/13 are:
- Waterloo in London - increase of 1.9% - 96 million
- Victoria in London - increase of 1.6% - 77.34 million
- Liverpool Street London - increase of 2.4% - 58.45 million.
- Euston in London - increase of 4.9% - 38.3 million.
- Birmingham New Street - increase of 2.7% - 32.09 million
- Glasgow Central - increase of 2.2% - 27.18 million.
- Leeds - increase of 4.6% - 26.2 million
- Manchester Piccadilly - increase of 1.0% - 23.15 million
- Brighton - increase of 0.8% - 16.18 million
- Liverpool Central and Liverpool Lime Street - decrease - 4.9%
More top news
Brian Davis believes his sister Jane would have gone on to great things if her life hadn’t been cut short in the Birmingham pub bombings.
Today's rain will ease overnight to leave many with partly cloudy skies. The winds will strengthen, but it will remain very mild.
Cloudy with outbreaks of rain across northern areas, rain becoming locally heavy across the Peak District.