All the top 10 busiest stations reported an increase in passengers in the last financial year.
The number of people using stations across Britain in 2012 to 2013 rose 3.3%, the statistics from the Office of Rail Regulation show.
The top 10 busiest stations based on the estimated number of exits and entrances to a station during 2012/13 are:
- Waterloo in London - increase of 1.9% - 96 million
- Victoria in London - increase of 1.6% - 77.34 million
- Liverpool Street London - increase of 2.4% - 58.45 million.
- Euston in London - increase of 4.9% - 38.3 million.
- Birmingham New Street - increase of 2.7% - 32.09 million
- Glasgow Central - increase of 2.2% - 27.18 million.
- Leeds - increase of 4.6% - 26.2 million
- Manchester Piccadilly - increase of 1.0% - 23.15 million
- Brighton - increase of 0.8% - 16.18 million
- Liverpool Central and Liverpool Lime Street - decrease - 4.9%
More top news
Outbreaks of rain first thing in the east will ease through the morning, but remaining largely cloudy throughout the rest of the day.
Another cloudy day with outbreaks rain or drizzle and mist in the morning. Some heavier bursts of rain possible at first.
Another cloudy day ahead with outbreaks rain or drizzle and mist in the morning.