Neighbours rescued four people and the family's dog from their Warwickshire home after a blaze ripped through the property in the early hours of this morning.
Brave rescuers used a ladder to help the family out of a window at their home in Butler Crescent in Exhall, Bedworth, after flames took hold overnight.
Three fire crews were called to the property at around 1.50am.
Investigations have now been launched into what started the blaze, which is thought to have broken out on the ground floor.
Police, the ambulance and the British Red Cross Emergency Support Service also attended.
More top news
The oldest trophy in English football has travelled to Alvechurch Football Club, ahead of the team's match against Hanley Town this weekend.
Christmas has arrived early in Northampton after one of the town theatres launched its panto - starring Union J singer Jaymi Hensley.
Police have launched a murder investigation following the death of a man, who was found with serious head injuries in Birmingham.