Advertisement

Amazing X-Ray of a ball of string swallowed by a cat

X-Ray shows the string was twisted in her stomach and intestines. Credit: Birmingham Mail

An X-Ray taken from Roxy, an 11-month-old cat from King's Heath Birmingham, shows where a ball of string became lodged in her stomach after chewing her favourite toy.

The Siamese cat was rushed to YourVets Wythall Clinic near her home, after her owner discovered her choking on pieces of string from her favourite toy.

Roxy is an 11-month-old Siamese cat from Kings Heath. Credit: Birmingham Mail

Roxy was immediately operated on by two surgeons in a complex procedure to remove all of string.

She is now completely back to normal and vets have urged that owners must supervise their pets at all times when playing with toys of any kind.