Over the course of the last six weeks the A38 St Chad's and Queensway tunnels have been closed for maintenance in Birmingham City Centre. But what's changed? Here's the full list of what work has been completed.
- 25 jet fans connected to an air quality monitoring system installed.
- 27 PA speakers have been installed.
- 21 CCTV cameras installed.
- 32 vehicle detection cameras installed.
- 48 emergency phones have been installed.
- 4 digital variable message signs put in to place.
- Over 160 emergency way-finder signs installed.
- 7 controlled evacuation doors added.
- Over 40 miles of electrical cabling installed to run new systems.
The tunnels reopened this morning, though overnight closures will still be in force for the rest of the month.
More top news
Nosakhere Stephenson, known to his contacts as ‘Nosa’, is one of 18 men who were implicated in the supply of guns and ammunition
Heading to the shops on Black Friday? Help us tell the real story of the day by letting us know your experience.
The biggest shopping day of the year is almost upon us, so what is Black Friday and how can you get the best deals?