Over the course of the last six weeks the A38 St Chad's and Queensway tunnels have been closed for maintenance in Birmingham City Centre. But what's changed? Here's the full list of what work has been completed.
- 25 jet fans connected to an air quality monitoring system installed.
- 27 PA speakers have been installed.
- 21 CCTV cameras installed.
- 32 vehicle detection cameras installed.
- 48 emergency phones have been installed.
- 4 digital variable message signs put in to place.
- Over 160 emergency way-finder signs installed.
- 7 controlled evacuation doors added.
- Over 40 miles of electrical cabling installed to run new systems.
The tunnels reopened this morning, though overnight closures will still be in force for the rest of the month.
More top news
A cold outlook across the region weather-wise.
Leaders Northampton face Harlequins at English rugby HQ
Boxing Day weather forecast for the Midlands