Over the course of the last six weeks the A38 St Chad's and Queensway tunnels have been closed for maintenance in Birmingham City Centre. But what's changed? Here's the full list of what work has been completed.
- 25 jet fans connected to an air quality monitoring system installed.
- 27 PA speakers have been installed.
- 21 CCTV cameras installed.
- 32 vehicle detection cameras installed.
- 48 emergency phones have been installed.
- 4 digital variable message signs put in to place.
- Over 160 emergency way-finder signs installed.
- 7 controlled evacuation doors added.
- Over 40 miles of electrical cabling installed to run new systems.
The tunnels reopened this morning, though overnight closures will still be in force for the rest of the month.
More top news
Over 20 years since his last haircut, a man decided to finally cut his hair for charity with proceeds going to the The Lewy Body Society.
Birmingham Council's cabinet met to discuss how to move forward with reaching a solution in the ongoing bin collections dispute.
A man deliberately drove into his 'friend' after an argument over a cigarette which left the victim with life-changing injuries.