Over the course of the last six weeks the A38 St Chad's and Queensway tunnels have been closed for maintenance in Birmingham City Centre. But what's changed? Here's the full list of what work has been completed.
- 25 jet fans connected to an air quality monitoring system installed.
- 27 PA speakers have been installed.
- 21 CCTV cameras installed.
- 32 vehicle detection cameras installed.
- 48 emergency phones have been installed.
- 4 digital variable message signs put in to place.
- Over 160 emergency way-finder signs installed.
- 7 controlled evacuation doors added.
- Over 40 miles of electrical cabling installed to run new systems.
The tunnels reopened this morning, though overnight closures will still be in force for the rest of the month.
More top news
A Catholic school has been accused of breaching anti-discrimination laws after claims a Muslim pupil was told she could not wear a headscarf
Nirmal Tanna was jailed alongside two others for their part in an arrangement to launder more than half a million pounds.
Residents will be asked for their views on abolishing all eight councils in Lincolnshire and adopting a unitary system of governance.