Over the course of the last six weeks the A38 St Chad's and Queensway tunnels have been closed for maintenance in Birmingham City Centre. But what's changed? Here's the full list of what work has been completed.
- 25 jet fans connected to an air quality monitoring system installed.
- 27 PA speakers have been installed.
- 21 CCTV cameras installed.
- 32 vehicle detection cameras installed.
- 48 emergency phones have been installed.
- 4 digital variable message signs put in to place.
- Over 160 emergency way-finder signs installed.
- 7 controlled evacuation doors added.
- Over 40 miles of electrical cabling installed to run new systems.
The tunnels reopened this morning, though overnight closures will still be in force for the rest of the month.
More top news
A look at tips and advice to help keep children safe on the internet and reduce the chances of them being groomed online.
'Kayleigh’s Love Story' is a warning to young people about the dangers of speaking to people they don’t know online.
South Northamptonshire MP Andrea Leadsom has officially put her name forward to be the next Tory leader, but who is she?