Every summer, the RSPCA say they are often called out to concerns about the welfare of animals left out in the heat.
The charity has set out a number of tips to keep animals safe during the hot weather and has urged people to call 999 if they see a dog in distress in a hot car.
RSPCA have these tips for caring for animals during the summer:
- Don't let your pet get sunburnt
- Avoid leaving animals in cars, conservatories, outbuildings or caravans
- Ensure pets always have access to shade and fresh drinking water
- Check every day for flystrike
- Keep fish tanks out of direct sunlight and top up the water levels of ponds
When it comes to walking your dog, the RSPCA said: