The inquests into the deaths of 30 British people killed in the Tunisia terror attacks continues today. Evidence will be heard relating to former Birmingham City footballer Denis Thwaites and his wife Elaine from Kings Heath who died in the attack in 2015.
Denis, aged 70, and Elaine, 69, both lost their lives when gunman Seifeddine Rezgui went on a killing spree, shooting tourists in Sousse on June 26 2015.
On the eve of the internationally recognised event, memorial services closer to home will be taking place across the region.Read the full story ›
A corner is due to hear evidence about the death of a man from Derby in the Tunisia beach terror attack when the inquest into the atrocity continues in London today.
Scott Chalkley from Chaddesden was among the 30 British victims who died in the attack by gunman Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi in June 2015.
The inquest will also hear about the death of his partner, 43-year-old Sue Davey from Tamworth, who died alongside him. All the victims were killed at the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba Hotel and the adjoining beach at the popular resort of Port El Kantaoui.
The daughter of a Leicestershire couple killed in the Tunisia massacre said her parents had been planning their 50th wedding anniversary.Read the full story ›
Demonstrations are happening up and down the country tonight in response to the inauguration of Donald Trump.Read the full story ›
The inquest into the terror attack in Sousse in Tunisia, which claimed 38 lives, has been shown never-before-seen footage of the incident in June 2015.
In the video, gunman Seifeddine Rezgui is seen being dropped off at the popular resort of Port El Kantaoui. He is carrying a parasol which had a gun hidden in it.
Later in the footage, victims on the beach run for their lives while Rezgui walks up and down on the sand firing indiscriminately.
A Foreign Office official has said the UK's travel advice to Tunisia was discussed the day after the attack at the Bardo National Museum in Tunis in March 2015, but it was left unchanged.
In a statement to the inquest looking into the June terror attack in Sousse, Jane Marriott, a former director of the Foreign Office's Middle East North Africa Directorate, said FCO officials and minister Tobias Ellwood met in London to discuss the travel advice.
Three militants stormed the Bardo museum and killed 22 people just three months before the deadly terror incident on the beach in the popular resort of Port El Kantaoui.
Ms Marriott said it was decided to keep the advice at the same level, and not to advise Britons against any travel to tourist areas of Tunisia, but the phrase "further attacks are possible" was added to the Government's travel advice website.
She added that countries who also lost nationals in the first attack, including France, Japan, Spain and Russia, had also kept their tourist travel advice at the same level as before the attack.
The only country to alter its travel advice was Poland.
The Tunisian gunman's route - said to be approximately 2.9km from the point he was dropped off to the point he was killed - was digitally reconstructed and shown to the inquest into the beach massacre.
Pictures of the 38 victims appeared in the locations where they were shot.
Mobile phone footage of part of the attack recorded by a Tunisian witness was shown, and the clip featured loud gunshots, shouting, and people running in panic.
Part of the clip - which captured bodies - was pixellated, and it featured the sounds of more gunfire towards the end.
Another clip, described as "very graphic" by Ms Leek, showed the gunman's body lying face down on a road with blood on the ground beside him after he was shot.