Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

E-Cigarette explodes

Jersey's Fire Service has issued a warning after an e-cigarette charger exploded and caused a fire.

The charger had only been connected for a short time when it blew up and set fire to a carpet.

Damage was minor, but the Fire Service say the incident underlines the danger of leaving items on charge overnight or unattended for a long time.

The e-cigarette was attached to a mains USB charging device for a very short time when the occupiers heard a loud bang. The cause of the malfunction is still being investigated.

Fire Service advice is to always use electrical equipment in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and to never mix parts or chargers from different devices as charging rates can vary.