Work has started to restore the Foresters Arms pub at Beaumont.
It first was licenced in 1717, making it the oldest pub in Jersey, and at one point it was the only building in the area.
The pub has been closed for two years, but now new owners have started work to reopen it to customers by September.
The renovations include building a Guest House in the next door property and a restaurant at the back.
At the moment, the building has been stripped back and is in a bad state of repair.
The owners say although the Grade Four listing means they need to keep some of the character, they think it is important to keep as much as possible.
As the owners have been stripping the building back, they have found a fireplace that dates back to the 1700s.
It has been damaged over the years but work will be done to make a feature of as much of it as possible in the new pub.