Ten businesses in the Bailiwick of Guernsey have been rated as one star for food hygiene according to Environmental Health.
Being rated as one star means 'major improvement is necessary'.
The scheme is being extended to include all businesses which prepare food, meaning there will no longer be exemptions.
The following establishments have been given the rating;
- Alderney Golf Club
- Bumps Bistro Alderney
- Iceland, Vale Avenue
- La Trelade Hotel
- Les Alouettes Residential Care Home
- McAllisters Fish Alderney
- Saye Beach Campsite Alderney
- St Anne's Guest House
- White D'Or
- Rohais Chinese Take-Away
The 'Scores on the Doors' rating system has been used in Guernsey for the last three years and more than 400 premises have been rated in that time.
Below is a list of what the different ratings mean.
- Zero = Urgent improvement necessary
- One = Major improvement necessary
- Two = Improvement necessary
- Three = Generally satisfactory
- Four = Good
- Five = Very good and complies with local food hygiene legislation