The festive season is just around the corner and this year, we are due to spend more than £475 per family on gifts.
However, last Christmas, there was a 25% rise in victims reporting online shopping fraud to the police.
Anne King from the Jersey Consumer Council urges buyers to do their research.
- Know the retail price of the item
- Shop from a well-known website
- Read the reviews on several websites
- Check the URL of the page for a padlock or "https"
- Opt out of sharing personal information
- Read the Terms & Conditions
- Read the Returns policy
- Use a secure payment method: avoid bank transfers
Where To Find Help