The Government will launch a new telecoms strategy today for Jersey.
The new strategy aims to:
- clear the way for innovation in Jersey
- boost competition; to help consumers to get the best deal
- modernize the delivery of social policies and emergency service communications
- protect Jersey from threats to its connectivity
- increase transparency of the sector
The Digital Policy Unit are hoping to adopt 5G networks for high-speed connectivity across the island.
Senator Paul Routier said that the new strategy shows Jersey's commitment to becoming one of the world's best-connected jurisdictions.
The Assistant Chief Minister will launch the strategy at the Digital Jersey Hub today.