Sark's lighthouse equipment has been updated and is set to last the island another 20 years.
The Trinity House charity, dedicated to sea safety, has updated the station systems and modernised the main light to meet new navigational requirements.
Two LED lanterns have replaced the rotating optic and the station's electronics have also been upgraded.
The old optic and a hazardous mercury bath, where it originally rotated, have now been removed.
The charity originally built the lighthouse in 1913 to guide vessels passing through the Channel Islands away from the pinnacle of Blanchard Rock.
The station will be monitored for a month-long 'soak test', allowing the team to keep a close eye on the lighthouse before it is handed back to the the South Coast Field Operations team.