Alex Buesnel has announced his retirement from gymnastics.
The ten-time disability gymnast champion will retire from the sport by the end of March.
Over the past year the 25 year old has also represented Jersey in the NatWest Island Games and chosen to be a British Gymnastics Disability Ambassador.
During his career he also won Gold in the 2011 Special Olympics in Athens.
Here are some of his sporting achievements:
- 10-time British Open Gymnastics Champion
- Special Olympics Gold Medalist
- British Gymnastics Ambassador
- JSAD Sports Personality of the Year (2012 and 2017)
- JSAD Special Merit Award (2009 and 2016)
- Michael Lucas Sporting Hero Award, 2017 Betway Channel Islands Sports Awards
Buesnel has said he aims to take on coaching duties at his club and pass on what he knows to the next generation of athletes.