School tributes to campsite girl

Hannah Thomas-Jones suffered a cardiac arrest on Sunday
Hannah Thomas-Jones suffered a cardiac arrest on Sunday Photo:

Devastated friends set up a Facebook page dedicated to the schoolgirl, named locally as Hannah Thomas-Jones, who was pronounced dead at a Shropshire campsite after suffering a cardiac arrest at around 10am on Sunday.

Her parents and younger brother were all taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gill Bremner, head of Wilmslow High School, where Hannah was a Year 9 student, said she would be "sadly missed" by pupils and teachers.

She said: "Hannah's death is a very sad loss for this school. Our sympathies go out to her family at this time after such a tragic incident."

Gill Bremner, head of Wilmslow High School paid tribute to Hannah earlier.

The family of four were discovered unconscious in their tent at the Baron at Bucknell campsite. The owners of the site said a disposable barbecue, which was used on Saturday night, was found in the porch of the tent.

Hannah, believed to be 14, was pronounced dead at the scene, despite efforts by a doctor staying on the site and paramedics to revive her.

Her teenage brother and their parents were taken to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, where they have remained. West Mercia Police said the boy was stable but "unwell" and the parents were comfortable.

More than 300 people have "liked" a Facebook page set up in remembrance of Hannah, and scores of people have posted messages of condolence.

Floral tributes left outside Hannah's school in Wilmslow
Floral tributes left outside Hannah's school in Wilmslow Credit: Elaine Willcox, ITV Granada

Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade said: "We are treating the girl's death as unexplained, but there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances. It is therefore unlikely we will have any longer-term involvement with this incident."