Manchester United footballer Ryan Giggs has settled his phone-hacking damages claim against News Group Newspapers.
Hugh Tomlinson QC told Mr Justice Vos at London's High Court that the case had reached settlement since the proceedings last came before him on April 20.
Lawyers later confirmed that this was on confidential terms.
There are still 46 active claims in this, the second wave of the litigation, as it emerged that TV presenter June Sarpong had issued proceedings.
At the case management conference, ahead of a February 2013 trial date for any claims that do not reach agreement, the judge was concerned with issues of budgeting.
He said that while the costs involved had to be proportionate, the court's aim was that each case should get to a point where a claimant could feel comfortable enough to settle.
He told Michael Silverleaf QC for NGN that he could not get away from the the fact that there had been "concealment and disposal of evidence" which led claimants to be suspicious.
He said that the process had to be "cathartic".
"The whole purpose of this litigation is to achieve peace ultimately with the people who were intercepted."
Some of the more well-known names on the register of claims are: singer James Blunt; footballer Peter Crouch and his wife wife Abigail Clancy; boxer Chris Eubank; politician Nigel Farage; footballer Kieron Dyer; golfer Colin Montgomerie's ex-wife Eimear Cook; presenter Jamie Theakston; former prime minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie Blair; rugby player and TV presenter Matt Dawson; actor James Nesbitt; and footballer Wayne Rooney.