Every day this week the organisers of the Blackpool illuminations switch on have announced a different performer everyday.
This year is the centenary switch on taking place on the 31st of August with 20,000 free tickets available.
Last year comedian Keith Lemon flicked the switch but details of this year's star is still being kept under tight wraps so far on the bill:
- X-Factor winning girl-band Little Mix
- Paloma Faith
- Amy MacDonald
- Scouting For Girls
- Blackpool singer-songwriter Karima Francis
- Loveable Rogues
- The Overtones
This years switch on hosted by Real radio and Smooth radio will be held on The Tower Festival Headland
Natalie Wyatt, Managing Director of Marketing Blackpool, said: “We have announced some fantastic and diverse acts and we are all looking forward to enjoying Blackpool’s biggest night of the year.”
20,000 free tickets for Blackpool’s biggest night of the year will be allocated randomly with a maximum of 4 tickets per household with 50% being allocated to people within the Borough of Blackpool area.
Registration closes at 12noon on Wednesday 15th August and successful applicants will be notified by email on Tuesday 21st August.
For your chance to be there on the big night go to www.visitblackpool.com/switchon
Blackpool Illuminations facts:
· Blackpool Illuminations will shine from Friday 31st August to Sunday 4th November
· Blackpool Illuminations attract more than 3 million visitors to the resort each year
· The Illuminations display stretches for more than five miles
· Blackpool’s first electric lighting was in 1879 when just eight Siemens arc lamps illuminated the Promenade.
· 2012 sees the Blackpool Illuminations Centenary of the first public lighting display
· The Illuminations cost £2.4 million to stage
· The Lights pump more than £275 million into the local economy