An investigation has been launched into what caused an electric tram full of passengers to derail on the Isle of Man.
On Friday afternoon the tram failed to stop at the Bungalow Station, before rolling downhill after emergency brakes were applied.
It’s believed the cause was due to a brake failure, with the tram driver switching to a previously used system from the 19th century.
In a statement the Manx Electric Railway Society said:
The MER called for an investigation to be conducted by "an organisation totally independent of the Isle of Man Government."
This is the second incident to occur in the same year, when a tram with no passengers failed to stop on the Mountain Road in March, crossing past vehicles before crashing into Snaefell.
There was also a previous crash in July 2016 in Laxey which resulted in the complete destruction of the tram.
The Department of Infrastructure's Acting Minister David Anderson MLC said that the department is taking the matter "very seriously" and the review would reveal "lessons to be learnt."