Arriva North West has confirmed strike action today will go ahead where there will be no planned Arriva bus services in Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire on strike days.
Strike action in December will go ahead on 4th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd December 2017
Arriva customers with pre-paid Arriva tickets travelling in Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire will be able to use them on the Merseyrail and Northern rail networks on Monday 20th November
Arriva tickets will be accepted on Stagecoach Quality Network Routes on Monday 20th November
Arriva North West buses confirms that additional 24-hour industrial action will go ahead throughout December. During these times there will be no planned Arriva bus services operating within Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire, except for services running out of Chester depot and services into Chester from Wrexham and Rhyl.
Customers with Arriva pre-paid tickets travelling in Merseyside on Monday 20th November will be able to use them on the Merseyrail network, and throughout the North West on corresponding Northern Rail routes. In addition to this, Arriva tickets will continue to be accepted on Stagecoach Quality Network Routes in Merseyside.
Arriva urges all customers to check one of the following outlets before they travel:
- Customers can follow Arriva on Twitter on @arrivanorthwest and Facebook @northwestarriva for further information about the services relating to the strike dates.
- Customers can also enquire about their local bus service by contacting Arriva North West customer services on 0344 800 44 11.
- Customers with pre-paid tickets travelling in Merseyside can check the Merseyrail website for route options: https://www.merseyrail.org/
- Customers can also check details about the Stagecoach Quality Network Routes on the Merseytravel website: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-round/timetables/pages/bus-timetables.aspx.
- Customers with pre-paid Arriva tickets travelling in the North West can check the Northern Rail website for route options: https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/
The unions have called further strike days for the 27th November, as well as 4, 7, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22 & 23 December 2017.
Phil Stone, MD for Arriva North West: