A man has died after a flat fire in Chester on Christmas Eve.
Firefighters were called to the blaze on Clover Place at about 8.40pm, and discovered the man inside the flat.
Despite the efforts of emergency crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said the home was "well alight" by the time they got there, but that the fire was contained to just one flat.
The man's death is not being treated as suspicious.
A joint investigation has been launched by the police and fire service to establish the cause of the blaze.
Anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 711 of December 24.