Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Dog cheats death after swallowing 22 painkillers

Photo: Willows Veterinary Group

THE owner of a dog that cheated death after swallowing 22 maximum strength painkillers has thanked the veterinary team which helped her pull through.

Sasha the blue merle border collie almost died of a lethal overdose, but has astounded vets in Warrington with her miraculous recovery after more than a month in their care.

Now her owner, Julie Hooper is keen to highlight the dangers of leaving medication within reach after her eight-year-old pet got into her son's bedroom and sniffed out the packet of Ibuprofen from his sports bag.

Sasha with her owner, Julie Hooper Credit: Willows Veterinary Group
Vet Sean Cleary said Sasha came very close to death several times Credit: Willows Veterinary Group