Rain tomorrow. Dry and bright today.
One of ITV’s most popular period dramas is set to be filmed in Liverpool.
Police in Blackpool are investigating after thieves stole from a dressing room being used by stars of Strictly Come Dancing.
Work to rebuild the set started in 2011 and filming will begin there in early 2014.
Reporter Mel Barham got a sneak peek last night at the new Coronation Street set.
As the new Coronation Street set is revealed at Media City some of the soaps stars give us their thoughts on their new home.
Pictures of The Beatles having fun during a visit to the studio where animated film Yellow Submarine was made are expected to sell for more than £40,000.
The collection of previously unpublished colour transparencies of The Beatles show the Fab Four meeting their animated selves and laughing as they pretend to watch the film.
The images were taken at TVC Studios, in London, by freelance photographer Stephen Archetti.
Some 65 pictures of The Beatles are included in the collection of 161 transparencies taken by Archetti in late 1967 and early 1968.
The remainder of the collection features people involved in the production including director Jack Stokes, producer Al Brodax and master illustrator, designer and art director Heinz Edelmann.
The collection, which is to be sold with copyright, has been estimated at between £40,000-50,000.
It will go under the hammer at Omega Auctions, in Stockport, as part of a music memorabilia auction.
Today the new Weatherfield is being **unveiled at Media City in Salford. Here's everything a Corrie fan needs to know:**
- Coronation Street Trafford is the 5th interpretation of the nation’s favourite Street
- It has taken over 60 organisations and over 3000 people to create and build it
- The lot is 7.7 acres and is based in Trafford
- Coronation Street is 2.5 feet wider allowing cars to pass with ease
- The tree outside the salon is an Alnus Icana, from Holland it weighs six tonnes and stands 40 feet high. It is around 25 years old and is one of the largest trees ever planted in the UK
- There are over 400,000 facing bricks on the Lot, of which 144,000 were reclaimed from a derelict Salford street
- Our new windows are home to over 600 feet of curtain rail holding 120 curtains for twitching!
- Formerly studiov based the ‘Underworld’ set will be permanently housed within the factory lot
- A total of 54,000 cobbles have been laid on the new street reclaimed from Salford and the canal side in Eccles
The new set of Coronation Street is being revealed today. It's moving from Quay Street to it's new home at Media City. Work to rebuild the set started in 2011 and filming will begin there in early 2014.
You might not notice much of a difference as designers and builders have painstakingly recreated it's current set brick by brick. But the new houses and buildings are bigger than they were originally so filming can take place inside. Previously the internal shots were filmed in a separate studio.
Martin Shaw has spoken of the "laughter he shared" with The Professionals co-star Lewis Collins, who has died following a battle with cancer, aged 67.
The Professionals star Lewis Collins has died aged 67. The actor, who played Bodie in the crime drama alongside co-star Martin Shaw, died in Los Angeles yesterday after a five-year struggle with cancer.