- 3 updates
A second person has died in Blackpool after being infected with anthrax. The Health Protection Agency has confirmed they died in hospital after injecting heroin. It's the second death in the resort in less than a month. From Blackpool, our correspondent Ashley Derricott reports.
A drug user has died in Blackpool after being infected with anthrax.
The Health Protection Agency says a person who injected heroin died in hospital in the resort.
The news comes just three weeks after another drug user died in the seaside town after contracting the bacterial infection.
Latest ITV News reports
Second anthrax death in Blackpool in a month.