- 11 updates
A Lancashire MP is calling for cocktails made with liquid nitrogen to be banned.
Morecambe and Lunesdale MP David Morris made the call after hearing of Gaby Scanlon's story.
Gaby, 18, had to have her stomach removed after drinking one of the cocktails at a bar in Lancaster.
The councillor in charge of licensing in Lancaster has admitted trying the liquid nitrogen cocktail that nearly killed 18-year-old Gaby Scanlon.
Paul Aitchison, chairman of Lancaster City Council's Licensing Committee, was at the same bar a few months ago and tried the Nitro Jagermeister drink.
Pubs and restaurants are being warned not to sell liquid nitrogen after an 18-year-old girl almost died.
Gaby Scanlon from Heysham is seriously ill in hospital after surgery to remove her stomach. She had drunk a liquid nitrogen cocktail at a bar in Lancaster.
Prof John Ashton, a public health expert based in Cumbria, warned of the dangers of drinking the super-chilled cocktails.
He said: "It's extremely dangerous. You've got alcohol, which in itself is dangerous, we've got liquid nitrogen which is a dangerous chemical.
"People should not be fooling around with these sorts of things."
Latest ITV News reports
Bars warned not to sell liquid nitrogen cocktails after teenager almost dies drinking one