People in Rochdale were told to stay indoors this morning while emergency services tackled a fire at a former asbestos factory.
The blaze started at the former Turner and Newall site on Rooley Moor Road at around 3am this morning. Roads around the site have been closed and an investigation is now underway.
Greater Manchester Fire service say the blaze at the former Turner and Newall asbestos factory in Rochdale is now under control.
Up to 50 fire fighters have been at scene since the early hours.
Nearby residents were told to keep all windows and doors shut as a precaution.
Police are warning people in Rochdale to stay indoors and keep windows and doors closed because of a major fire at a derelict mill.
Roads are closed around the former Turner and Newall site while firefighters tackle the blaze.