Drugs warning after Bolton deaths

Police are warning drug users of a potentially contaminated batch of drugs after a man and a woman died in Bolton.

Police wait for toxicology results after Bolton drug deaths

Police are waiting for the results of toxicology tests after two people died in Bolton. The bodies of a 30-year-old man and 21-year-old woman were found in separate houses. It is believed both may have taken amphetamine, alcohol and a synthetic powder stimulant known as ‘Bubble’.

From what we have been told, we believe a party of five people had gone out in Bolton town centre before returning home. During the night, we believe they may have taken a cocktail of alcohol, amphetamine and a synthetic powder mix called ‘Bubble’. “The group complained of feeling unwell and sadly two of the party, a 21-year-old woman and 30-year-old man, were found dead. While we know that both had taken drugs and alcohol, we cannot say this is the reason both have died until we get the results of toxicology tests or whether the drugs were contaminated.

While we believe the two deaths are linked, we do not believe they are linked with other deaths in the Greater Manchester area or rest of the country.

"I would always advise people not to take drugs as they do not come with a quality assurance stamp on them and you do not know what they contain. It is clear that the group had gone out to enjoy themselves however, the night out has ended in tragedy and two families have been left to deal with the devastating deaths of their loved ones.

"If anyone has recently taken drugs and feels ill, go to hospital for a check up as soon as possible.”

– Superintendent Phil Davies Bolton Police Station

Police believe both may have taken amphetamine.

From the information we have received, we believe both may have taken amphetamine. Although we cannot say that this was the cause of death until toxicology tests are complete, we are concerned that there may be a contaminated batch of drugs in the area.

"If anyone has recently taken drugs and feels ill, I would ask you to go to hospital for a check up.

"I would always advise people not to take drugs as you do not know what it has been mixed with and you are getting what you pay for. They can contain poisons or illicit chemicals that can have fatal effects."

– Detective Inspector Michael Sanderson, Bolton North INPT

Advertisement

Police warning following Bolton deaths

Police are warning drug users of a potentially contaminated batch of drugs after a man and a woman died in Bolton.

On Sunday police were called to a house in Farnworth and then later the same day, police were called to a house on Littlebrooke Close, Tonge Moor.

Officers attended both addresses and found the bodies of a 30-year-old man and 21-year-old woman.

It is believed both may have taken amphetamine and both deaths are being linked.

A post mortem and toxicology tests will take place at a later stage.