Vets save gravel eating dog

A Jack Russell’s fate was almost set in stone after she swallowed up to 80 pieces of gravel.

Live updates


80 stones removed from gravel eating dog

Dog eats 30 stones Credit: PDSA

Vets in Blackpool have managed to save a Jack Russell with a taste for gravel after she swallowed up to 80 pieces from the garden which nearly killed her.

Gravel in dogs stomach Credit: PDSA

An x-ray of 'Star's' stomach stunned staff at the PDSA in the resort after revealing the seven year old dog had wolfed down huge quantities of gravel - with dozens of them littered in her stomach.

Back to top

Latest ITV News reports