Ferguson talking like a manager; says he'll discuss potential signings with the chairman, says play-offs achievable. http://t.co/uJORqN8sex
Barry Ferguson says he's been asked to 'fill in for a few days'. Has brought in 2 coaches 'to help out' - Malky Thompson & Bob Malcolm.
Barry Ferguson NOT confirmed as Blackpool boss. In charge for Saturday's game for now, says hasn't fully considered whether he wants it FT.
Paul Ince has been sacked as manager of the Championship club. The 46-year-old had been in charge of the Seasiders for less than a year.Read the full story ›
Paul Ince has been sacked as the manager of Championship club Blackpool. The 46-year-old had been in charge of the Seasiders for less than a year.
He may not be in the dug-out for Blackpool’s match on Saturday, but the fans are making sure that Paul Ince’s face is certainly on show – with 10,000 of them wearing face masks for Blackpool's Championship game against Wigan.
The resort’s media organisations 96.5 Radio Wave and Blackpool Gazette have joined forces to produce the cut-outs of the manager’s face that will be distributed just before kick-off this weekend.
Ince has received a five-game stadium ban by the Football Association after an incident in mid-September when the Seasiders were playing Bournemouth.
Blackpool boss Paul Ince received a five-match stadium ban for 'violently shoving' a fourth official in an expletive-laden rant.Read the full story ›
Newcastle United midfielder Dan Gosling has joined Championship side Blackpool on loan until January 2014.
The 23-year-old has featured for Newcastle twice in the Capital One Cup this season but is yet to make a Premier League appearance for the club in this campaign.
Gosling moved to St James' Park from Everton in July 2010, but injuries have limited him to just 28 appearances for the club
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to following a pitch invasion at the Preston Blackpool cup match last month.
The game was marred by crowd trouble and damage to parts of Deepdale stadium.
This man is wanted in connection with offence against the steward.
At the final whistle a number of supporters ran onto the pitch in celebration at the result.
This incursion onto the field of play is totally unacceptable and is condemned by everyone connected with Preston North End Football Club.
Contrary to early press reports the steward that was seen on TV in contact with a police horse was not taken to hospital and went home with colleagues after being given the all clear by medical staff at the ground.
The only steward to receive any injuries at the stadium was working in a part of the stadium occupied by the visiting supporters.
The behaviour of those involved in the disorder at last night’s game was completely unacceptable – there was a significant minority of determined people from both sides who throughout the day, before, during and after the game, were intent on causing problems.
There will be a thorough investigation over the coming days and weeks and I want to be very clear that those involved in the disorder can expect a visit from the police and to be prosecuted.
The behaviour of those involved in the disorder and the behaviour of some people towards officers and stewards was absolutely disgraceful.
This was a very difficult situation which presented significant challenges for both the club and for ourselves and we were able to bring the situation under control quickly.
The disorder last night was completely unacceptable and we will be making significant efforts to locate and prosecute those involved.