Police have released shocking CCTV images of a car being set alight outside a house in Blackburn.
It happened on Blackthorn Close in the early hours of Friday morning.
Lancashire Police said that after this Peugeot was attacked, the offender also tried to torch an Audi nearby.
The offender made off on foot in the direction of Oak Street where it is thought he then travelled on a bicycle towards Whalley Range.
We believe that the cars were targeted and there isn’t thought to be a wider threat to the public. That said, this could have caused a lot more damage than just the destruction of the Peugeot car.
Police are appealing for witnesses.
Officers were called to the Ernest Jones in Southport on Sunday afternoon after a man was reported to have taken two rings without paying.Read the full story ›
Detectives appealing for information after an assault in early hours of the 21st DecemberRead the full story ›
Police have released CCTV footage of two men who we would like to trace following a theft from a car in Fulwood, Preston.
The incident happened at around 4.15am on Tuesday June 9 on Kennington Road.
The video shows a Ford Galaxy car was parked outside an address on the street when two men approached the vehicle and smashes the passenger side window. One of the men reaches inside and took a wallet containing around £100 cash.
The two men try the doors of other vehicles in the street and look through windows, but no other items were taken.
In a similar incident on Beechway on the same day an orange Peugeot 207 was damaged after someone smashed the driver’s side window. Nothing was taken from inside the car.
If anyone recognises the men in the CCTV footage they are urged to call PC Paul Goulding of Preston Police on 01772 209784
Police have released CCTV Images of three men after a woman was assaulted and robbed near Preston Bus Station in April.Read the full story ›
A cleaner's been caught on camera stealing cash from a 99-year-old woman.
Her son had set up a camera when he became suspicious after noticing money go missing. Ivy Peachey's been jailed for a month.
CCTV pictures show just how lucky a man was when a lorry backed into him at a factory.
Plumber Dave Atherton feared he'd be killed at the builder's merchant in Salford.
The firm has been fined for the incident.
Merseyside Police have been called out almost 1000 times over the past two nights to deal with anti-social behaviour.
The force attended about 260 incidents of anti-social behaviour and vandalism between 2pm and 12am last night. The night before they were called out 715 times.
Officers say reports of criminal damage have fallen by 35% when comparing with reports received on the same day last year.
The week between October 30 and November 5 is traditionally one of the busiest of the year for Merseyside's emergency services. There were 15 arrests made between 2pm and 12am compared to 20 in last year's October 31 operation.
While the vast majority of young people behaved themselves there was a small minority of both youngsters and adults whose actions went beyond innocent mischief.
"I would like to thank parents who have clearly listened to our advice to make sure they know what their children are doing for Halloween and the young people themselves have taken advantage of all the things put on for them.
"We have seen far fewer instances of groups of young people out of the street after dark getting involved in anti-social behaviour and the high numbers of officers we have had on duty has meant people have felt reassured and got a swift response when it was needed.
"A great deal of planning and effort has gone into what is a multi-agency operation running throughout Merseyside this week and we will continue to work hard for the next busy period next week around Bonfire Night."
21 year old Aqab Hussain deliberately mowed down a group of men as they crossed the road after a petty argument.
The court heard it was like a scene from a computer game, as the men were knocked flying across the road like skittles.
One of those victim's lives changed forever that night. He was been left brain damaged, and unable to recognise his own children. Today the driver was jailed for 20 years.
You may find the images in Ashley Derricott's report upsetting.
A man from Manchester who deliberately drove a car into a group of men in a revenge attack has been jailed for 20 years.
21 year old Aqab Hussain was convicted of four counts of attempted murder.
Ashley Derricott reports: