Elimination from men's sprint could mean Kenny has to chase qualification points for February's Track Cycling World Championships.
Olympic champion Jason Kenny suffered an embarrassing early elimination from the men's sprint
Mark Cavendish had urine thrown at him by a spectator during today's time trial in the Tour de France.
Brian Cookson, from Whalley in Lancashire, has been voted in as the new president of the international cycling union.
Cookson, the head of British Cycling, beat incumbent president Pat McQuaid, from Ireland, by 24 votes to 18 at the UCI Congress in Florence.
- . Prestwich 'City View' Cycleway will link Manchester City Centre from Prestwich and Heaton Park through Crumpsall
- Ashton Canal Cycleway will be an off-highway route from Ashton to Manchester City Centre.
- Mersey Valley & Stockport Cycleway will see a fully segregated cycle track linking Cheadle to the Corridor Super Cycleway and into Stockport Town Centre.
- . Corridor SuperCycleway will be an improved on-highway, and largely segregated, cycle route from Wilmslow Road to East Didsbury.
- Airport City Enterprise Cycleway will be a new series of improved cycle links at Manchester Airport.
- Bridgewater Cycleway will complete the final 4km of cycle route from Bridgewater Canal Towpath into Manchester City Centre.
British cyclist Mark Cavendish is aiming to win the first stage of the Tour de France, which would see him wear the yellow jersey for the first time.
In an interview with ITV.com, the 28-year-old said: “It’s everything to me to win as many stages as possible - and the green jersey – but stage 1 this year presents the first opportunity for a sprinter to wear the yellow jersey since the 60s.
“I’ve never yet worn the yellow jersey and I’m excited to try for that.”
The North West will get 15 million pounds of Government money to make cycling in our towns and cities safer.
The money will be used to improve the design and layout of roads at 78 locations across the country, with all schemes due for completion within the next 12 months.
The cash consists of a 20 million Government grant and 20 million from local authorities.
Transport Minister Norman Baker said: "Cycling is healthy and reduces congestion so it is welcome news that more and more people are taking to two wheels.
The schemes cover every English region apart from London
Olympic cyclist Chris Boardman will be in Liverpool today to help prepare the set-up of the city's cycle hire scheme.
The council is planning to launch it in the summer with 3 hundred bikes available and then expand to a thousand over the next year.