Chorley's Sir Bradley Wiggins will receive officially his knightood at an investiture ceremony later.
The honour for services to cycling is in recognition of his Tour de France win and Olympic gold.
Elimination from men's sprint could mean Kenny has to chase qualification points for February's Track Cycling World Championships.Read the full story ›
Olympic champion Jason Kenny suffered an embarrassing early elimination from the men's sprintRead the full story ›
Brian Cookson, from Whalley in Lancashire, has been voted in as the new president of the international cycling union.
Cookson, the head of British Cycling, beat incumbent president Pat McQuaid, from Ireland, by 24 votes to 18 at the UCI Congress in Florence.
- . Prestwich 'City View' Cycleway will link Manchester City Centre from Prestwich and Heaton Park through Crumpsall
- Ashton Canal Cycleway will be an off-highway route from Ashton to Manchester City Centre.
- Mersey Valley & Stockport Cycleway will see a fully segregated cycle track linking Cheadle to the Corridor Super Cycleway and into Stockport Town Centre.
- . Corridor SuperCycleway will be an improved on-highway, and largely segregated, cycle route from Wilmslow Road to East Didsbury.
- Airport City Enterprise Cycleway will be a new series of improved cycle links at Manchester Airport.
- Bridgewater Cycleway will complete the final 4km of cycle route from Bridgewater Canal Towpath into Manchester City Centre.
Mark Cavendish had urine thrown at him by a spectator during today's time trial in the Tour de France.Read the full story ›
British cyclist Mark Cavendish is aiming to win the first stage of the Tour de France, which would see him wear the yellow jersey for the first time.
In an interview with ITV.com, the 28-year-old said: “It’s everything to me to win as many stages as possible - and the green jersey – but stage 1 this year presents the first opportunity for a sprinter to wear the yellow jersey since the 60s.
“I’ve never yet worn the yellow jersey and I’m excited to try for that.”
Manx cyclist Peter Kennaugh has been named in the Team Sky lineup for the Tour De France. It will be his debut in the competition.Read the full story ›