A driver escaped from a burning car in Greater Manchester, just moments before it was engulfed in flame.
Zuber Lulat smelled smoke inside his BMW 3-series, as he drove along the M60.
The optician pulled off the motorway at Davyhulme, as smoke filled the back of the car. He grabbed his eye testing kit from the boot and ran clear. Seconds later, the vehicle became a mass of flame.
Firefighters arrived minutes later to drench the blaze, revealing melted plastic panels and windows. The interior was reduced to ash.
Mr Lulat told ITV News it "had not hit him" just how fortunate he was to get out. He says he is gutted to have lost his "pride and joy".
A hero schoolboy has saved a friend's life just a week after being taught First Aid skills.
Ten year old Joseph Jones from Davyhulme was eating dinner with his mum, a child minder, and some of the children she looks after when one of the kids choked on a meatball.
Seven year old Shaun Fox was coughing and struggling to breathe.
But thanks to his training, Joseph knew just what to do. Victoria Grimes has the story:
An investigation has been launched after the death of a man in Davyhulme.
At about 11am on Tuesday 28 August 2012, Greater Manchester Police along with the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service and the ambulance service were called to a house on Skye Road following reports of a fire.
Officers attended and found a car in an enclosed yard at the back of the house. The car had been burnt out after firefighters extinguished the car which was on fire.
Next to the car was the body of the man, 50, who was suffering from serious burns and pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The incident is now the subject of a joint investigation by police and the fire service. However, at this stage the death is not being treated as suspicious.