The incidents one in Liverpool in June and one on the River Thames in London in September - resulted in passengers, including small children, going into the water. In the case of the Liverpool sinking, insufficient foam had been inserted into the DUKW.
The Liverpool incident on June 15 resulted in 31 passengers and two crewmen abandoning the vessel and going into the water. All were recovered without serious injury.
An investigation is underway following the weekend sinking of the yellow duckmarine in Liverpool with more than thirty people on board.
The Mayor of Liverpool has told us the fleet should never be allowed back into the water. Ralph Blunsom reports...
Liverpool's Duck Boat Tours have been suspended, while marine investigators look into why one of their boats sank.
31 people had to be rescued from the amphibious vehicle in the Albert Dock on Saturday. The Mayor of Liverpool says the 'duckmarines' shouldn't be allowed back in the water.
A Yellow Duckmarine spokesperson said:
The leader of Parliament's transport committee says Liverpool's Duck Boat Tours must not resume, until there's a clear answer why one sank. MP Louise Ellman says public safety must be a priority, after one of the amphibious vehicles went down in the city's Albert Dock yesterday.
Ralph Blunsom reports.
A viewer's video captures the moment the Duck Tour sank in Liverpool yesterday.
Witnesses can be heard expressing their disbelief at what they're seeing. One says: "There's people still in it!".
Video courtesy of YouTube user, DADLFC.
Emergency services were called just before 4pm. Firefighters from Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service rescued three people from the water. A number of people were taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries. All people from the vessel have been accounted for.