Soldiers from the 1st Battalion the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment will parade through Burnley today to celebrate their return from Afghanistan.
4 hundred and 30 soldiers from the battalion arrived back from Helmand Province last month.
Colonel Chris Owen, Regimental Secretary of The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, said:
"As the Infantry Regiment of the North West of England we are immensely proud of the longstanding, close bonds we have with the region's communities.
We are particularly honoured that the 1st Battalion, on its return from Afghanistan, is able to parade through Burnley and say thank you for the tremendous support it received from the town whilst it was away."
Troops from one of the region's main army regiments deploy to Afghanistan today. Four hundred soldiers from the 2nd and 4th Battalion of the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment leave their base near Blackpool for a six month tour of Helmand Province.
A soldier from the 1st Batallion The Duke Of Lancaster's regiment has died after being wounded in Afghanistan.
He was injured by enemy action on Monday while serving in the Lashkar Gah district of Helmand Province.
He was flown back to the UK but died today while being treated in Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
"It is my solemn duty to report the death of a soldier from 1st Battalion The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment who has died as a result of wounds sustained whilst on duty in the Lashkar Gah district of Helmand Province.
"The thoughts and prayers of everyone serving in Task Force Helmand are with his family and friends at this extremely difficult time.”
– Spokesman for Task Force Helmand, Major Chris Boryer
The Ministry of Defence says the soldier's family has been informed.