Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is dealt another injury blow after midfielder Ander Herrera sustains a fractured rib.Read the full story ›
Striker Daniel Sturridge has not made Liverpool's Champions League trip to Basle after failing to recover from a thigh strain in time.Read the full story ›
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini returns to the dug out after serving his two match touchline ban from UEFA.Read the full story ›
Everton manager Roberto Martinez fears forward Kevin Mirallas may have suffered a serious hamstring injury.Read the full story ›
Manchester United keeper David de Gea claims other players are ready to step into the breach to fill the void left by Wayne Rooney.Read the full story ›
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart says he is relishing the fight for places at the Etihad.
Hart missed out on the win over Hull in the Premier League at the weekend, but will be back between the sticks for the Champions League game against Roma on Tuesday.
Joe Hart has admitted he finds it "hard to see the positives" of being rested but he is relishing the challenge of fighting for his place.Read the full story ›
Clarets manager Sean Dyche, whose side had drawn their previous three league matches before losing 4-0 at West Brom, conceded it was a bad day at the office for his side.
He said: "It was a performance where we never got started and never got to grips with the game at all. It's a real low day for us performance-wise.
"There is a reality to it, we've seen results like this in the Premier League and it's happened to us and it's important we grow and learn from it very very quickly."
Burnley have now gone over six and a half games since scoring their last goal. On how he will attempt to fix that problem, Dyche said: "We'll keep working on the training pitch, keeping working with the players' mentality and belief."
This weekend it's the first Merseyside derby of the season as Liverpool and Everton face each other at Anfield.Read the full story ›
Liverpool are one of seven clubs under investigation by UEFA for potential breaches of financial fair play (FFP) regulations, European football's governing body announced on Thursday.
The Merseyside club were absent from European competition last year and only recently submitted detailed accounts to the governing body, which dictates that losses must be restricted to £35.4million over a two-year window.
Liverpool reported losses of £49.8million for the 2012-13 season, and £40.5million for the 10-month period before that, and join Monaco, Roma, Besiktas, Inter Milan, Krasnodar and Sporting Lisbon in being subjected to investigations relating to "potential break-even breaches".
A UEFA statement read: "The CFCB (club financial control body) has opened formal investigations into seven clubs as they disclosed a break-even deficit on the basis of their financial reporting periods ending in 2012 and 2013.
"These clubs will need to submit additional monitoring information during October and November upon the deadlines set by the CFCB, subsequent to which an additional communication shall be made and conservatory measures may be imposed."
Liverpool face no immediate sanction as they prepare to provide further details to UEFA throughout the next two months, though the provisional withholding of Champions League funds lingers as a potential next step.
The Reds are thought to be confident they will avoid such penalties by virtue of lucrative new commercial deals and writing off some previous losses.
FFP allows certain spending streams, including youth development and stadium expenditure, to exist outside of its strict guidelines and Liverpool will argue that a £35million chunk of their 2011-12 deficit was attached to former co-owner Tom Hicks' aborted plans for a new stadium on Stanley Park.
Manchester City and Paris St Germain were the clubs hit hardest by UEFA last season for breaching FFP rules - they were each fined £49million and handed restrictions on transfer spending and a reduction in Champions League squad size.
UEFA has also announced that prize money has been held back from five clubs - Bursaspor, CFR Cluj, Astra Giurgiu, Buducnost Podgorica and Ekranas - as a result of non-payments to other clubs, players and/or tax authortities.
Reflecting on the recent work of CFCB and the FFP regulations, the UEFA statement continued: "The introduction of the UEFA club licensing and financial fair play regulations has already had a very positive impact on the scale of overdue payables, as they have decreased from 57 million euros in June 2011 to eight million euros in June 2014. In addition, aggregate losses reported by Europe's first-division clubs in the 2013 financial year have gone down to 800 million euros from a record-reported deficit of 1.7 billion euros in 2011."