Live updates

Advertisement

Jurgen Klopp promises Liverpool will come back stronger after Europa League final defeat

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accepted he still has plenty of work to do with his players to make them into winners.

The 3-1 Europa League final defeat to defending champions Sevilla, who claimed an unprecedented third successive victory, came after Daniel Sturridge had opened the scoring with a brilliantly taken goal.

Kevin Gameiro scored just 18 seconds into the second half and it was from that point that Klopp realised he had a problem.

"Obviously the first goal had a big influence on our game," he said.

"At this moment we lost faith in our style of play, we changed from passing quick and simple to complicated and lost our formation. It was not compact any more.

"I tried to change it but you could see that maybe the team was shocked, maybe the crowd was shocked.

"We are disappointed and frustrated 100 per cent but tomorrow (Thursday) or later in the week we will see it a little bit more clearly and we will use this experience, that is what we have to do."

Klopp suffered his fifth successive defeat in a final as manager.

"There are more important things in life than football. I don't think God had a plan with me to go to the final and always have a knock," said the German when asked if he felt he was owed some luck.

"I've had a lot of luck in my life as I sit here as manager of Liverpool.

"I don't think I am an unlucky person or life has not been good to me.

"We will carry on, I will carry on. I will try with all I have to reach the next final, even when you know you can lose it.

"There are bigger problems in life but at this moment it doesn't feel like it, it is really hard."

Man Utd security boss: 'I have to take full responsibility'

Christopher Reid Credit: ITV Granada

Christopher Reid, the managing director of Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd, which left behind a dummy bomb which sparked a terror alert at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium on Sunday, said:

"The mistake is entirely mine, I have to take full responsibility."

– Christopher Reid

The security boss of the firm that accidentally left a dummy device in a toilet at Manchester United's Old Trafford football ground has told waiting reporters that he's "gutted" about the incident.

Advertisement

Manchester United will refund or replace tickets for yesterday's abandoned match

Old Trafford Credit: PA

Manchester United has released a statement in which they vow to give refunds for tickets or replacement tickets.

Ticket refunds will be given - and entry to the rescheduled match on Tuesday will be free - following the abandonment of Manchester United's home match against Bournemouth on Sunday.

Season Ticket holders (for their equivalent match ticket price), match ticket purchasers and Matchday VIP purchasers will receive a refund.

Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge.

Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.

As previously confirmed on ManUtd.com, the rearranged match will kick off at 20:00 BST on Tuesday, 17 May.

– Manchester United
Load more updates