- Mark Menzies (C) 21,406 (49.14%, -3.10%)
- Jed Sullivan (Lab) 8,182 (18.78%, -0.95%)
- Paul White (UKIP) 5,569 (12.79%, +8.33%)
- Mike Hill (Ind) 5,166 (11.86%)
- Fred van Mierlo (LD) 1,623 (3.73%, -18.34%)
- Bob Dennett (Green) 1,381 (3.17%, +1.67%)
- Elizabeth Clarkson (Northern) 230 (0.53%)
- C maj 13,224 (30.36%)
- 1.07% swing C to Lab
- Electorate 65,679; Turnout 43,557 (66.32%, +0.04%)
Engineers will start work today on building new sea defences along the Fylde.
The £86m scheme at Rossall and Anchorsholme will be one of the largest in the UK.
The Conservative MP for Fylde has resigned as a ministerial aide following allegations in a sunday newspaper about his personal life. Mark Menzies, who was elected as an MP in 2010, stood down last night as a parliamentary private secretary to Alan Duncan.
A 21-year-old terminal cancer patient from the Fylde is encouraging people to talk about their dying wishes. Kim Rossall is leading a poster campaign to encourage other patients to tell people how they want to spend their final days. Elaine Willcox went to meet her.