Police appeal for witnesses after man was thrown from car after police were called to a report that a man sitting in a 4x4 with a gunRead the full story ›
Police say a Bury man, missing since yesterday, could need medical attention.
Casin Edwards, 43, who has epilepsy, was last seen on Cornwall Drive in the town at around 10am after dropping his 2-year-old daughter off at a friend's house.
He is black, around 5ft 8in tall, of medium build with shaven dark hair.
"We know that Casin wasn't feeling very well when he was last seen and worry that he could now be feeling much worse. He suffers from epilepsy and doesn't have any medication with him nor does he have any money or access to funds."
- Anyone who sees Casin or knows where he is should contact police on 101 quoting reference number 2279 of 22/09/17 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The premature baby is in a serious condition in a neo natal unitRead the full story ›
A police station and a major road have been closed after a man was found with stab wounds following a street brawl in north Manchester.Read the full story ›
The IPCC is investigating evidence GMP officers gave following the fatal shooting of PC Ian Terry during a training exercise in 2008.Read the full story ›
A funeral service will be held today for three children and their mum who were killed in a tragic house fire in BoltonRead the full story ›
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service believe a house fire, which claimed four lives on Saturday, started on the ground floor.
Heartbroken teachers say a young boy who died with his mum and siblings in a house blaze had enjoyed a wonderful outing the day before the tragedy.
Hammaad Umerji, 12, who had autism, died on Saturday alongside his mum Aneesa, brother Yusuf, 10,and five-year-old sister Khadija in a fire at their home on Rosamund Street, Bolton.
Staff and pupils at Birtenshaw School, where Hammaad had been a pupil, have been left devastated by the loss of the ‘popular and energetic’ youngster.
Children at the special educational needs school, including Hammaad, had been taken to Chester Zoo the previous day.
“Hammaad had his challenges but nothing ever phased him. He was popular and full of energy, everyone who knew him loved him.
“We are devastated, it is such a shock. Staff members have been able to share some stories of him with his family and the whole school community is thinking of them and sending their sincere condolences.
“Hammaad was a character and loved life. On Friday, his last day at school, we went to Chester Zoo, he loved going there.”
Hammaad’s dad Zubair escaped the fire and was taken to hospital but he was unable to save the rest of his family.
Mrs Umerji, 40, passed away at the scene as did one of her children with the other two pronounced dead at hospital.
On Sunday, prayers were said for the family at the Masjid Al-Jamia Dar ul Qur'an Mosque, which they had attended.
Firefighters and community safety teams in Bolton have visited over 200 homes to "offer reassurance and advice".
It follows the horrific fire which left a mother and her three children dead at their home on Rosamond Street on Saturday.
As part of the "Safe and Well" visits, officers have placed fire alarms in people's houses and offered advice on what actions to take in the event of a fire.
Officers from Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service and Greater Manchester Police, now believe that the tragic fire on Saturday was caused accidentally by a halogen heater in the living room at the front of the house.
“When anyone loses their life in a fire, it is devastating – but even more so when it involves young lives.
“Our deepest condolences go to the family, friends and the local community following this tragic incident. We are especially thinking of the father of the children who has lost his family in such terrible circumstances.
“This was a tragic accident and over the coming days and weeks we will be working hard to spread our safety messages and offer reassurance and advice to residents to try and make sure that this never happens again.”
For further information about how to stay safe in your home, visit http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/fire_safety_advice/
The family of a mother and three children killed in a house fire have said they are in "total shock".Read the full story ›