Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling could get his wish this week and seal a £49million move to Manchester City.
It's understands the two Barclays Premier League clubs have finally agreed the fee for the 20-year-old.
City have already failed with two bids, the second reported to be worth £40million, with Liverpool understood to be holding out for nearer £50million.
On Sunday, Sterling was left out of Liverpool's squad which flew out for their pre-season tour of Asia as talks over the big-money switch progressed.
And by the time the Reds return, the England international is likely to be a City player, finally bringing an end to an acrimonious six-month saga.
Manchester City Ladies' defender Lucy Bronze is among eight players short-listed for the Golden Ball at the Women's World Cup.
The Lionesses' campaign ended in heartbreak as they lost in the semi-finals to Japan courtesy of a stoppage-time own goal in Edmonton.
However, Bronze's performances in Canada have caught the eye and she has been nominated for the best player of the tournament award.
She started the first game, against France, on the left wing but switched to right-back for the remainder of the World Cup.
She was substituted in the closing stages of Wednesday night's Japan contest due to a minor injury.
The other players nominated are United States trio Julie Johnston, Carli Lloyd and Megan Rapinoe, France's Amandine Henry, Japan's Saori Ariyoshi and Aya Miyama and Germany's Celia Sasic
Manchester City FC are using football to tackle issues such as HIV education and crime prevention in six cities across the globe including Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur and Manchester.
The young leaders running those projects have come together in the city for a week-long summit. Our reporter Chris Cunningham has more.
Manchester City have made an improved £40million offer for Raheem Sterling but Liverpool are expected to reject the latest bid.
Having had an offer of £25million plus £5million worth of add-ons turned down last week, City have upped what they are willing to pay by £10million.
However, that still falls short of the £50million minimum Liverpool believe the 20-year-old England international is worth and they are likely to turn down the offer.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero believes the club can give him the platform to become a Ballon d'Or winner.
Aguero has scored 107 goals for City in 163 appearances since joining the club in a £38 million transfer from Atletico Madrid four years ago.
The 2014-15 campaign was his most impressive, with 32 goals in 41 games.
The challenge is now to continue on improving and reach the exalted status the likes of his Argentina team-mate Lionel Messi and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo have reached as world players of the year.
The Argentine striker said:
"The truth is that I would be very happy with the Ballon d'Or. I had a great year, I missed some games but the season has been very good, no?"
"The Premier League has this vision where (they want) everybody in the world to watch it so I have plenty of chances to at least be nominated for the Ballon d'Or."
"I think for any player it's important. Playing in the Premier League, obviously I have a lot of opportunities."
Aguero has settled well at City and signed a new five-year contract at the Etihad Stadium after winning his second Barclays Premier League title last summer.
He had previously said he would not leave City until they won the Champions League and he remains convinced the club has the potential to do just that.
"Every year City try to improve the team and while I don't know how it will be next season, obviously the club always wants us to win titles."
"City are prepared to win titles every year. Obviously the Champions League is a great competition and I think that City are doing everything to win it."
"The truth is yes, I'm very happy. I'm enjoying these four years that I've had at City and there are still many more years to come. I'm very happy."
Ex-Manchester City winger Adam Johnson has denied three charges of sexual activity with a girl under 16 in his first appearance at Crown Court.
The 27-year-old England international, who appeared in the dock at Durham Crown Court dressed in a grey suit and white shirt, also denied one charge of grooming.
Johnson, who now plays for Sunderland, entered the court surrounded by his legal team, and spoke to enter his not guilty pleas.
He was arrested in March after he was accused of sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.
The three counts of sexual activity with a child were alleged to have taken place on one night in January at two locations in County Durham, while the offence of meeting a child after sexual grooming was alleged to have happened between December and February.
Johnson, who has played 12 times for England, lives in Castle Eden, County Durham.
Born in Sunderland, Johnson began his career at Middlesbrough before moving to Manchester City and then Sunderland for £10million in 2012.
Yaya Toure decided to stay at Manchester City after being assured he is a key figure in the club's future by owner Sheikh Mansour, his agent has said.
Playmaker Toure looked to be on his way out of the Etihad Stadium this summer and was linked in reports with clubs including Inter Milan and Chelsea.
However agent Dimitri Seluk has confirmed Toure will remain at the club he joined from Barcelona five years ago.
Seluk said in the Sunday Mirror: "Yaya is staying - because Sheikh Mansour told him he must stay.
"Mansour told Yaya that he is still a very important player and that he was the first big player to join City after the takeover.
"He told him that City wouldn't even discuss a sale.
"This is good. People have tried to say that Yaya only wanted more money, but it was never about money. It was only about respect."
Seluk had previously claimed Toure was "90 per cent certain" to leave City at the end of the season.
City boss Manuel Pellegrini repeatedly stated his desire to hang on to the Ivory Coast midfielder, with the 32-year-old having two seasons left on his contract.
Manchester City Women's Football Club have announced a new partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University.
In each of the four years of the programme players from the Man Met University Women's team will experience a training session led by MCWFC and university coaching staff will be able develop from observing their own training sessions.
Also the University's Events Management course will be given access behind the scenes at Manchester City Women's match-day events and will have the opportunity to 'manage' a home fixture to put into practice what they have learnt.
Players and coaches from Manchester City Women will be invited to the University as guest speakers at open days.
Steph Houghton, Manchester City and England Captain said of the partnership:
“The Manchester City Women’s team are proud to be involved in this unique venture that aims to give students hands-on experience managing a real match-day event.
“Nothing beats the buzz of a football crowd and it will provide a good test for students to put what they have learned in the classroom into practice.”
With Yaya Toure's birthday next week Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini was asked if the club would be getting him a birthday cake this year. Here's what he had to say.
With Chelsea poised to lift the Barclays Premier League title, Manchester United and City are battling it out with Arsenal for second spot. But today's press conferences were dominated by talk of next season.