Manchester United have confirmed that manager Louis van Gaal is to leave the club with immediate effect.
I would like to thank Louis and his staff for their excellent work in the past two years culminating in winning a record-equalling 12th FA Cup for the club (and securing him a title in four different countries). He has behaved with great professionalism and dignity throughout his time here. He leaves us with a legacy of having given several young players the confidence to show their ability on the highest stage. Everyone at the club wishes him all the best in the future.
Man Utd fan with a terminal brain tumour cried tears of joy when he was granted his dying wish of watching his beloved Reds lift the FA CupRead the full story ›
Manchester United have sacked Louis van Gaal as manager, according to reports.
After a disappointing campaign in terms of style and substance at Old Trafford, the door is now open for Jose Mourinho's return to management.
Before the celebrations had even subsided at Wembley on Saturday, United's FA Cup win was being overshadowed by fresh reports that Van Gaal was to be replaced by the former Chelsea boss in the coming days.
Louis Van Gaal arrived at Stockport railway station with his players amid growing speculation he is about to be replaced by Jose Mourinho as Manchester United manager.
After travelling home from London, fresh from the club's FA Cup success, Van Gaal refused to speak to the media but goalkeeper Sergio Romero told ITV Granada Reports the club "will miss a big coach".
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney has made a starring role in a trailer for next instalment in the X-Men movie series.Read the full story ›
Christopher Reid, the managing director of Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd, which left behind a dummy bomb which sparked a terror alert at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium on Sunday, said:
"The mistake is entirely mine, I have to take full responsibility."
The security boss of the firm that accidentally left a dummy device in a toilet at Manchester United's Old Trafford football ground has told waiting reporters that he's "gutted" about the incident.
Manchester United Football Club has released a statement after yesterday's bomb scare at Old Trafford.Read the full story ›
Disgruntled fans could now make compensation claims after Manchester United's multi-million pound cock-up at Old Trafford on SundayRead the full story ›
A security company said to have left a dummy bomb at Old Trafford that triggered an evacuation is facing calls for a full inquiry.Read the full story ›
Manchester United has released a statement in which they vow to give refunds for tickets or replacement tickets.
Ticket refunds will be given - and entry to the rescheduled match on Tuesday will be free - following the abandonment of Manchester United's home match against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Season Ticket holders (for their equivalent match ticket price), match ticket purchasers and Matchday VIP purchasers will receive a refund.
Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge.
Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.
As previously confirmed on ManUtd.com, the rearranged match will kick off at 20:00 BST on Tuesday, 17 May.