Manchester United Football Club has released a statement after yesterday's bomb scare at Old Trafford.Read the full story ›
Disgruntled fans could now make compensation claims after Manchester United's multi-million pound cock-up at Old Trafford on SundayRead the full story ›
A security company said to have left a dummy bomb at Old Trafford that triggered an evacuation is facing calls for a full inquiry.Read the full story ›
Manchester United has released a statement in which they vow to give refunds for tickets or replacement tickets.
Ticket refunds will be given - and entry to the rescheduled match on Tuesday will be free - following the abandonment of Manchester United's home match against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Season Ticket holders (for their equivalent match ticket price), match ticket purchasers and Matchday VIP purchasers will receive a refund.
Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge.
Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.
As previously confirmed on ManUtd.com, the rearranged match will kick off at 20:00 BST on Tuesday, 17 May.
Manchester United star Juan Mata has spoken of yesterday's bomb scare at Old Trafford on his blog.Read the full story ›
Greater Manchester's Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd has called for a full inquiry into the "fiasco" that saw Old Trafford evacuated over a fake bomb ahead of Manchester United's final league match of the season.
It later transpired the evacuation was caused by what police described as an "incredibly lifelike" device which had been left behind by a private company after a training exercise.
It is outrageous this situation arose and a full inquiry is required to urgently find out how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable.
This fiasco caused massive inconvenience to supporters who had come from far and wide to watch the match, wasted the time of huge numbers of police officers and the army's bomb squad, and unnecessarily put people in danger, as evacuating tens of thousands of people from a football stadium is not without risk.
Mr Lloyd called the situation "unacceptable", but said it "in no way demeans the professionalism of the police and stewards responsible for getting fans out, or the supporters' calmness and cooperation during the evacuation".
The stadium was evacuated around 20 minutes before the scheduled kick-off after an announcement was made for security personnel to invoke "operation red code".
The match was subsequently called off.
Army bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion on the device in the North West Quadrant of the ground at 4.30pm.
Mancherster United's game against Bournemouth has been rearranged for Tuesday at 8pm.
Manchester United's final league match of the season against Bournemouth will now be played on Tuesday after it was abandoned amid a bomb scare.
The Premier League confirmed the fixture will now take place on Tuesday, May 17, at 8pm.
We would like to thank Manchester United's staff, the police and other emergency services for all their efforts today as well as rearranging the match for this coming Tuesday.
Both Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth's management has been extremely helpful in reaching a swift resolution, which is the best possible given today's events.
The clubs will make their own announcements regarding ticketing arrangements.
Police say a suspicious item found at Old Trafford football stadium, which required a controlled explosion to be carried out, has now been identified as a training device.
The stadium was evacuated shortly before the match was due to begin at 3pm after the suspect package was found in the toilets in the north west quadrant, between the Sir Alex Ferguson stand and the Stretford End.
A controlled explosion was carried out by a bomb squad on the "incredibly realistic-looking explosive device".
The stadium was only partly evacuated, initially, before the club and the police mutually decided to cancel the game and completely evacuate the building.
Police say it has since been discovered that the object was a training device which had been left behind by a private company after a training exercise involving explosive search dogs.
Whilst this item did not turn out to be a viable explosive, on appearance this device was as real as could be, and the decision to evacuate the stadium was the right thing to do, until we could be sure that people were not at risk.
Everyone remained calm, followed instructions, and worked with officers and stewards to ensure that a safe evacuation was quickly completed. Those present today were a credit to the football family and their actions should be recognised. I would also like to thank all those involved in the operation today for such a professional response, which includes police officers, stewards, MUFC staff, media representatives and commentators and the Bomb Disposal Team.
Executive Vice Chairman Ed Woodward from Manchester United Football Club said: "The safety of fans is always our highest priority.
"I'd like to thank the support from the police which was first class and the impeccable response from fans of both teams."
The club says it is investigating the incident "to inform future actions and decisions."
Greater Manchester Police says a controlled device was earlier carried out on an "incredibly lifelike explosive" that was discovered in the stadium at Old Trafford.
Officers say a full assessment of the suspicious object found that the device was not viable.
A full search of the stadium is now under way.
Greater Manchester Police says a controlled explosion has been carried out on a suspicious package found in the stands at Old Trafford.