A manager at a popular Indian restaurant in Manchester has died after what's thought to have been a dispute with a customer.
The coroner in the inquest into the death of nine month old Millie Thompson has begun summing up.
Relatives of the Dings who were stabbed to death have said it was "like the whole sky had fallen down" when they heard about the murders.
A 37 year old man has been released on bail following the death of a manager from an Indian restaurant in Manchester city centre.
The man was arrested on suspicion of assault after the 45 year old collapsed at Akbar's on Liverpool Road after a dispute with a customer.
Police say a post mortem examination has been unable to establish the cause of death.
The family of a man who died after being restrained by doormen outside a bar in Manchester four years ago has won the right to a judicial review.
Ever since their son's death, Julian Webster's parents, who are from Birmingham, have campaigned for answers.
Now a high court judge has allowed them to challenge the decision not to prosecute anyone.
The family of a man who died after being retrained by doormen in Manchester are challenging crown prosecutors for not bringing anyone to justice.
Relatives of Julian Webster have spent four years fighting to find out what happened.
An inquest ruled that the actions of the doormen was a "significant factor" in his death, but focused on an undiagnosed heart condition.
His mother can't believe claims there wasn't enough evidece to charge anyone:
A coroner is calling for all nursery staff to be given full life-saving training after the death of a baby girl near Stockport.
Millie Thompson, who was nine months old, choked while she was being fed by staff at Ramillies Hall Nursery in Cheadle Hulme.
Speaking outside Oldham Magistrates Court, the parents of nine-month-old Millie Thompson, said they plan to sue the nursery where their daughter suffered a fatal choking incident last October.
Mrs Thompson added: "Unfortunately the 999 operator was not in the room with Millie and could not see the seriousness of Millie's situation."
She criticised the quality of first aid care given to "our beloved daughter" up to the point where the paramedics attended and added the ambulance service had conceded it had wrongly graded the call.
During the inquest it the death of Millie Thompson it emerged that the 999 call handler admitted making two "fundamental" errors in responding to the report.
After terminating the call, North West Ambulance Service employee Aaliyah Ormerod said:"Jeez, stop giving me information."
Ms Ormerod conceded in a statement to the court that she wrongly graded the call and did not recognise it as an immediate life-threatening situation which meant a rapid response vehicle was not sent to the nursery.
She also admitted she should have stayed on the phone until the ambulance arrived.
The coroner said he expected her employers to take action over the end-of-call comment which he said had "added insult to injury, quite literally".
The jury at the inquest of a nine-month-old girl who died after choking at a nursery has returned a verdict of "misadventure".
Millie Thompson died at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport after being fed at the Ramillies Hall nursery in Cheadle Hulme.
The headteacher of the nursery where nine-month-old Millie Thompson suffered a fatal choking incident described the inquest's ruling of Misadventure as "comforting" but does not alter the fact staff at the school "continue to miss her and think of her family every day."
– Ramillies Hall School principal Diana Patterson
While today's outcome is comforting in that it confirms our understanding that we did everything we could to save Millie, it doesn't alter the fact that she's no longer with us and we'll continue to miss her and think of her family every day.
This has been a devastating time for everyone involved and we would like to thank our parents, past and present, as well as the local community for all of their words of support and comfort which have helped sustain our dedicated nursery team, who've been heartbroken by Millie's loss.
The nine-month-old baby who died after choking on food at her nursery had suffered from a rare complication during the incident, a coroner has said.
An inquest at Oldham Magistrates' Court ruled that Millie Thompson died of misadventure when she choked on shepherd's pie during lunch at the nursery in Manchester in October last year.
An expert witness in paediatrics told the inquest that the only effective treatment would have been a medical procedure where a needle is inserted to the chest.
Paramedics are trained to carry out the procedure, but the coroner said that it would have been difficult to make the correct diagnosis in such a young child and nursery staff could not be criticised for not recognising the condition.