Mario blasts English life
Speculation about a possible move for Man City striker Mario Balotelli is mounting after his rented Cheshire home was put back on the market
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini tonight confirmed striker Mario Balotelli had been fined a week's wages for breaking a club curfew.
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend has tweeted that he finds Mario Balotelli and Roberto Mancini's training ground bust-up "hilarious".
The scrap is thought to have happened when Mancini stepped in after Balotelli went in strongly in a tackle on team-mate Scott Sinclair.
Balotelli is reported to have taken exception to Mancini's intervention, leading to the pair having to be pulled apart.
In a sequence of pictures, Mancini is seen striding towards Balotelli, pointing in an aggressive manner.
He is then seen to grab hold of Balotelli's orange bib in an apparent act of fury before the young striker is dragged away by a member of City's coaching staff.
A short time later, Balotelli is believed to have left the training ground at Carrington, on the outskirts of Manchester.
The former Manchester United defender turned Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville says the main concern for him is not the apparent altercation between Balotelli and Mancini but the lack of privacy at Manchester City's training ground from the media:
Pics of RM and MB not great but these things may happen from time to time. I just don't get the lack of privacy. That does need sorting.
Sunderland striker Louis Saha has reacted to the news of Mario Balotelli's apparent training ground fight with manager Roberto Mancini:
No Mariooo. No Mariooo. Noooo #balotelli
Dramatic pictures appear to show Manchester City bad boy Mario Balotelli in a physical bust-up with Roberto Mancini, his manager.
The images show the pair tussling and and grabbing each other before they were restrained by colleagues.
Premier League champions Manchester City have given local youngsters the surprise of a lifetime during a tour of the Etihad Stadium.
The children from Mellands Specialist School in Gorton met Mario Balotelli, Joe Hart, James Milner & Micah Richards, lifted the Premier League trophy and got changed in the first team dressing room.
"It was all for the young children," said Mario. "They really appreciated meeting all the players and we appreciated meeting them too. I hope we made their day and gave them an afternoon they will never forget. We all enjoyed it."
Manchester City's Mario Balotelli will miss Italy's World Cup qualifier with Armenia tonight after failing to recover from the flu, the FIGC announced on their official website this morning.
Balotelli, who missed his side's opening two Group B encounters due to his decision to undergo laser eye surgery in the last international break, was set to lead the line at the Hrazdan Stadium alongside Pablo Osvaldo after head coach Cesare Prandelli announced his starting line-up yesterday.
Balotelli is expected to be available for Italy's next assignment against Denmark on Tuesday.
Manchester City player Mario Balotelli says he would kill any fan who threw a banana at him during Euro 2012. It comes after a documentary exposed endemic racist behaviour at football stadia in the host nations Poland and Ukraine.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini insists the title race is still over despite reducing the gap between themselves and leaders Manchester United to five points. He also said suspended striker Mario Balotelli will be considered for selection in the game against United on 30 April.
Manchester City's Mario Balotelli will not face disciplinary action over a studs-up challenge on Arsenal's Alex Song, the Football Association have confirmed.
The governing body say they cannot take retrospective action because the incident was seen by at least one of the four match officials.
The decision still leaves Balotelli facing a three-match suspension for his sending off for two unrelated bookings in the same game.