Both Everton and Liverpool are on the road to Wembley on Tuesday night.
They join the Capital One Cup at the Round Three stage. Liverpool at home to Middlesbrough and Everton away at Swansea.
And both clubs are hoping to bounce back from disappointing defeats in the Premier League.
Liverpool City Council has approved plans to expand Anfield Stadium's capacity to around 54,000.
The plans, which are still subject to conditions and legal agreement, would see 8,500 seats added to the Main Stand, and an extra 4,000 to the Anfield Road stand.
Construction could begin on the main stand soon, and be completed by the 2016/17 season.
Liverpool FC’s Chief Executive Officer, Ian Ayre, said: “Today’s approval by the Planning Committee is another step on our journey which we embarked on nearly two years ago.
“We’ve received very positive support for our proposals during a public consultation exercise earlier this year and whilst we are delighted about the progress made today, there are still some steps that we need to navigate through in order to give us the certainty that we need to proceed with our expansion plans.”
The family of Paul and Dorothy Brown, have paid tribute in a statement released by Merseyside Police.
They said: "Dorothy and Paul both came from large families and they always lived life to the full and were very well travelled.
"Dot, as she was known to friends and family, was glamorous and very creative and really enjoyed painting. She was very active and regularly went to the gym or the swimming pool.
"Paul was a retired electrician and was very witty. He was an extremely loyal person to both friends and family alike.
"Both Dot and Paul adored their children and would do anything for them. This was especially the case when it came to their grandchildren, who they loved very much.
"They will both be sorely missed.”
A 25-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Stephen Bennett
John Dyer, of St Albans Court, Vauxhall, has been charged with murder and has been remanded into custody to appear before Liverpool magistrates this morning.
The two other people arrested in connection with this incident, a 52-year-old man and a 51-year-old woman, have both been released on bail pending further enquiries.
A string of offensive taunts were directed at Balotelli after he put a comment on Twitter mocking Manchester United. Anti racism campaigners say it proves the English game still has work to do, to kick the problem out for good. This from our reporter Daniel Hewitt:
Ged Grebby, Chief Executive of Show Racism the Red Card says all twitter users should be aware that racist abuse is a crime. The warning comes after the Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli was targeted after he tweeted about Manchester United's shock defeat to Leicester City.
Balotelli, part of the Reds side that lost 3-1 at West Ham, tweeted "Man Utd ... LOL" in response to United's 5-3 loss at the King Power Stadium.
His tweet was met by a string of racist messages that are now being investigated by Merseyside police.
Not a bad start to the week. A little chilly on Monday morning, but with a fair amount of sunshine aroundRead the full story ›
Sunday evening's forecast for the NW with Emma Jesson.Read the full story ›
High pressure is in charge for the start of the week, a couple of fronts introducing dampness at times. Clear spells developing Sunday nightRead the full story ›