Live updates


Two men bailed in Lewis Dunne murder investigation

Two men arrested on suspicion of the murder of a 16-year-old boy have been released on bail.

Lewis Dunne was shot in the back on the Leeds and Liverpool canal towpath in Eldonian Village, Liverpool, shortly before 11.20pm on Sunday November 15.

Lewis Dunne Credit: Family handout

A 20-year-old man from Anfield and a 21-year-old man from Kirkdale were arrested on suspicion of murder.

They have been bailed pending further enquiries.

"Detectives investigating the murder of 16-year-old Lewis Dunne have bailed a 20-year-old man from Anfield and a 21-year-old man from Kirkdale, pending further inquiries."

– A spokesman for Merseyside Police

Previously, a 20-year-old man from Everton held on suspicion of murder was also later released on bail.

Following his death Lewis's mother Gemma, father Steven and sisters Ashley and Yasmin paid tribute to "our baby".

In a statement they said: "Most people wait years to find their soul mate, but the day our Lewis was born was the day our hearts and souls were complete."

Tributes left at scene of Lewis's murder.

One of first known paintings of Liverpool helps chart the city's past

One of the first known paintings of Liverpool Credit: Unknown artist

One of the first known paintings of Liverpool is helping to chart the city's past in a new exhibition.

'On the Waterfront', which opens to the public today, looks at the 300 year history of the port and the importance of the Albert Dock.

Ian Murphy, Deputy Director of the Merseyside Maritime Museum said conditions would have been harsh for workers.


Anfield shooting: Primary school day continuing as normal

A man is believed to have fired a gun at a dark coloured car outside the primary school on Anfield Road on Tuesday morning Credit: ITV News Granada Reports

Anfield Road Primary School has issued a statement following reports of gunfire outside the school on Tuesday morning.

Police are investigating the incident which happened while parents were dropping their children off at the school around 9am.

We would like to reassure people that our children are safe and were unaware of the incident that happened outside of the school site this morning.

The site was not evacuated, the school day is continuing as normal and a trip for some pupils took place as planned.

Due to the closure of the road for the police investigation we will be letting parents know about a change in arrangements to pick up their children at home time.

– Claire Drew-Williams, Headteacher of Anfield Road Primary School
Load more updates