Live updates

Two released on bail after Sait Mboob murder

Two people who were arrested in connection with the murder of a teenager in Moss Side have been released on bail.

A 32 year old man and a 17 year old boy have been bailed pending further enquiries.

Sait Mboob, 18, was killed after a large fight on Crosshill Road on Tuesday August 8 where four people had been stabbed.

Police are keeping an open mind as to motive, but a line of enquiry is whether the offenders have links to street criminality.

  • Anyone with any information should call police on 0161 856 6777, 101 quoting incident number 1918 of Wednesday 9 August 2017.

Moss Side's Caribbean Carnival gets underway

Moss Side Caribbean Carnival organisers decided the event would go ahead after the murder of 18-year-old Sait Mboob.

Our reporter Michael Worrall is there.

  • Tune it at 6pm to watch his report
Credit: Michael Worrall
Credit: Michael Worrall
Credit: Michael Worrall

Advertisement

Police appeal for public's help to find missing 80-year-old man from Moss Side

Motiejus Matuzevicius Credit: GMP Police

Greater Manchester Police are searching for a missing 80-year-old man from Moss Side.

Motiejus Matuzevicius is described as being around 5ft 4in tall with grey balding hair and a distinctive moustache. He was last seen at around 5pm on Monday 10th July and is reported as wearing a cream jacket and black pants.

Motiejus is believed to have links to the Wythenshawe area and is known to be a regular bus user.

Mr Matuzevicius uses a walking stick and has a number of medical issues for which he uses medication. It is not known if he has his medication with him.

His family are growing increasingly concerned for his wellbeing and are said to be desperate for his safe return.

Anyone with information has been asked contact police on 101.

Update on Sunday Moss Side raids

Raids were carried out in Moss Side on Sunday Credit: Manchester Evening News

Greater Manchester Police have confirmed that they carried out searches in Moss Side on Sunday 28th May.

During the search, three men were arrested on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act but were soon after de-arrested.

This does not impact the total number of people arrested in connection with the investigation into the attack at Manchester arena.

Bomb squad leaving Moss Side, cordon partially lifted

The bomb disposal squad have left the property in Moss Side where they have been in attendance today as part of the cordon is lifted Credit: Manchester Evening News

The bomb disposal squad have left the property in Moss Side where they have been in attendance today as part of the cordon is lifted.

Boscombe Street is still cordoned off as police continue to search a property.

Advertisement

Bomb squad called to Moss Side as evacuation is currently underway

The bomb squad have been called to a property in Moss Side Credit: Manchester Evening News

The bomb squad have been called to a property in Moss Side, Manchester, which is currently being searched by police.

Greater Manchester Police said that an evacuation is underway and a search is being carried out at a property on Boscombe Street.

It comes after police used a controlled explosion in a raid in Cheetham Hill overnight in which two men were arrested.

It is believed to be the latest development in the investigation after a bomb at Manchester Arena on Monday night, which killed 22 people.

Greater Manchester Police said that an evacuation is underway and a search is being carried out at a property on Boscombe Street Credit: Manchester Evening News
Load more updates