A woman has been raped at knife point at her home in Old Trafford.
At around 7:30pm last night and unknown man forced his way into the 22 year old's home and held the knife to her face before raping and robbing her.
The offender is described as white, aged somewhere in his 20’s to 30’s and of medium build with dark hair. He spoke with a local accent and was wearing a dark hooded top or coat with dark coloured bottoms.
“This is an absolutely shocking incident and one that is sure to cause much concern to anybody who hears about what has happened. We have increased patrols to provide reassurance to the local community and carry out further enquiries.
“This man forced his way into the address and subjected his victim to a brutal and terrifying rape. We have a team of specially trained officers working to investigate and providing her with support at this difficult time.
A man who had a heart attack after the Manchester United and Burnley match is looking for the man who saved his life.
Manchester United posted this video on its Twitter account early today.
José Mourinho and his Manchester United squat attended a gala dinner to raise money for disadvantaged children on Monday.Read the full story ›
Selling 'Old Trafford' has allowed Manchester United superfan Derrick Howarth to watch his beloved Reds again.Read the full story ›
An visually impaired schoolgirl has apologised for not meeting her £3,000 target after walking from London to Manchester.Read the full story ›
Christopher Reid, the managing director of Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd, which left behind a dummy bomb which sparked a terror alert at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium on Sunday, said:
"The mistake is entirely mine, I have to take full responsibility."
The security boss of the firm that accidentally left a dummy device in a toilet at Manchester United's Old Trafford football ground has told waiting reporters that he's "gutted" about the incident.
Manchester United Football Club has released a statement after yesterday's bomb scare at Old Trafford.Read the full story ›
Disgruntled fans could now make compensation claims after Manchester United's multi-million pound cock-up at Old Trafford on SundayRead the full story ›
A security company said to have left a dummy bomb at Old Trafford that triggered an evacuation is facing calls for a full inquiry.Read the full story ›
Manchester United has released a statement in which they vow to give refunds for tickets or replacement tickets.
Ticket refunds will be given - and entry to the rescheduled match on Tuesday will be free - following the abandonment of Manchester United's home match against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Season Ticket holders (for their equivalent match ticket price), match ticket purchasers and Matchday VIP purchasers will receive a refund.
Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge.
Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.
As previously confirmed on ManUtd.com, the rearranged match will kick off at 20:00 BST on Tuesday, 17 May.